Monday, May 4, 2009

church//gym:: entry 21

I walked into the gym tonight and there was a basketball game going on in the basketball gym. even from a distance, i could hear the players trash talking each other (at the church-gym!) i walked up to the desk to check in and said to my friend who works there, “i can hear those guys trash talking from way over there!” “I know!” he said. “how about less chit-chat, and more BALLIN’?!”


as i went into the locker room, I was thinking of that statement. at this point, it would be easy for me to take a pot-shot at churches and say that they have too many meetings and committees and not enough serving and acts of love. too much chit-chat, not enough ballin’. but Idon’t even know if that’s true. I can speak for myself, though. what about me? I can preach a sermon about serving and compassion and good works, but how is my game? how is yours? we could all step it up when it comes to serving, giving, encouraging, visiting, witnessing, and going. less chit-chat, more ballin’.


God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: