Monday, September 17, 2007

oh nook!

after dinner tonight,
janie wanted to watch a movie,
so i laid down on the sofa
while she watched the wiggles.
i must have been tired from work,
because i dozed off.
i was sort of half asleep- half awake.


but i woke up quickly when my girl
ran into my chest full speed
saying, “awake!”
i said “hey! who woke me up?!”
she said “asleep!”
(translation: pretend you’re asleep dad!)


so i closed my eyes-
and whack!
she ran into me again
saying,
“hey! who woke me up?!”
this happened about 20 times in a row-
“asleep!”
whack!
“hey! who woke me up?!”


finally, she laid her head on my chest
and said
“oh nook- he’s bree-ving…”
(translation: “oh look, he’s breathing.”)
(we're still working on a few sounds)
i thought to myself-
“what a tender moment”
“she’s resting on my chest
and feeling my lungs breathe”


she said it a few times-
“oh nook- he’s bree-ving…”


and then it hit me!
that’s a line from the little mermaid!
when ariel sees eric sleeping on the beach!





this wasn’t a tender moment!
this was janie impersonating ariel,
AGAIN!


ARIEL!!!


cute kid.
i don't mind acting out disney scenes
to get hugs from jane!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry it wasn't the touching moment you thought it was, but hey, maybe you guys have an actress on your hands?