Monday, September 12, 2011

fall vacation 2011

last week, deanna, jane and I took what we think was our best vacation ever-
we went over the hill to a place that I have often taken students- the santa cruz koa.

I knew that jane would love this place- they had a jumpy-pillow-trampoline, bikes to rent, and little cabins with bunk-beds. I wasn't sure how she would deal with the bathroom building and the outdoors, but she loved every minute of it- and so did deanna and I.

while we were there, we did a lot of relaxing, a lot of book-reading, swimming, beach-combing, and a lot of game playing. each night there, we made a fire and had family-game-night. one night we went to the beach and watched the sun set into the pacific ocean while we sat next to a fire-pit.
what made things even more relaxing is that we were basically the only ones there.
we're already talking about visiting there again-
here are some of the memories that we captured with our blackberries:




 this is a picture of jane playing her nintendo DS, and me reading my kindle out in front of our cabin.


on the second night we were there, jane tried something brand new and slept on the TOP BUNK!

being a dad is fun.
-rob

0 comments: