Sunday, March 18, 2012

squirrel story 3/12


The other day I was coming home from work, and walking up my stairs, and a squirrel climbed up the tree next to my staircase at eye level. This squirrel does this often. He follows me and climbs up the tree while I climb my stairs. I feel like this squirrel is trying to mess with me. He had a nut in his mouth too. I had a rubber band around my wrist and I thought I'd send this squirrel a message- I hooked the rubber band on my finger, aimed it at his head, and released. That rubber band hit the squirrel right in his mouth and knocked the nut out of his mouth and onto the ground. He looked shocked for a second and then ran to the ground and looked for his nut; and I started laughing hysterically. And then I went downstairs too and went looking for my rubber band (it was a good one!) So there we were- me looking for my rubber band and he was looking for his nut. crazy. 

I got inside and jane asked, "what was so funny?" She didn't believe me when I told her. I don't blame her.

I have a feeling that this isn't the last I've seen of this squirrel- but I'll be ready for him...

2 comments:

Diane said...

haha!! You're such a punk! :) haha

leanne said...

i'm just reading it now, but i kind of hope that, some day, as you are walking up your stairs, the squirrel will throw a nut at your face and knock the gum out of your mouth....in a non-painful, funny way, of course....

and, you never tell us if he found it or not?! Did he miss dinner that nite??