Sunday, September 14, 2014

coffee story

over the last few years, I have had a ministry to local youth pastors. I love to cheer for them, listen to them and help any way I can. these guys always have awesome new ideas that I can use too.

the other day I was meeting with a local youth pastor who is much younger than me. I went in with the mindset that I was going to help him somehow. he told me about all of the new things going on in his ministry and I told him how awesome that was and how I knew those projects would succeed.

then something happened that I didn't expect- he encouraged the socks off of me.
we were talking about a series he was doing on social media, and he started talking about some of the photos that I had been posting on facebook and instagram and he said something to the effect of, "you know- you seem to be really balanced between work and family. I really respect with way that you spend time with your family. I'm guessing that is why you have lasted in ministry for so long. that's the kind of life I want- and the kind of dad and husband that I want to be when I get married and have a family."

my instinct was to go into a little advice session on how I keep things balanced, but I just couldn't.
I just said, "wow. thank you- coming from a guy like you, that means so much." and I just let those words soak in for a second.

he went on to talk about what the bible says about taking care of your family, and I was still speechless. I just said, "wow- you don't know how much that means to me."

that was a cool thing to hear- that my photos inspired a local youth pastor to be a good dad and husband. I'm still floored by it.

people watch your life. they listen to your words. and you don't know when they are watching or what they will see- but we all have the opportunity to inspire and encourage just by the way we live.

you only get one Today, so-
be awesome today.

God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: