Friday, April 17, 2015

winnie the pooh is my spirit animal

First of all, I don't believe in spirit animals, if I did, Winnie the Pooh would be mine. 
Jane and I have been watching and quoting the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh ever since she was born. At any given moment we can break into a scene from that movie. We were quoting it recently, which led us to watching it again- which made me realize all over that me and pooh bear are pretty much the same guy. 

First of all, pooh is the definition of introvert. He likes being alone or with one friend at a time. He talks to himself- he enjoys long walks in nature- he hums happy songs to himself. He does his best thinking by himself in his thoughtful spot. and all of that describes me perfectly. 

 
Pooh and I both have a thing for eating sweets. More like an obsession. Pooh loves honey- and can't control himself when he is eating it. I'm more of a cookie person. And taffy. Just about any form of chocolate. and French fries. and ice cream.
 
 
Pooh's weight goes up and down- and exercise only makes him more hungry. One time his weight gain got him stuck in rabbit's foot and he had to wait for his weight to go back down. I've never gotten myself stuck in a door, but my weight has gone back and forth over the years. Right now people are asking me if I'm sick or not. There are quite a few photos of me that will never see the light of day.
 
 
Pooh is a little distracted during meetings. This clip reminds me of me during big meetings:
 
 

Pooh likes walking and holding hands- so do I. 

 

 
Pooh is a fan of the polo shirt. His are red- mine are usually black.
 
 
The narrator refers to Pooh as "a bear of very little brain." He doesn't think big thoughts, but he is thoughtful. Me and pooh- we like to keep things simple. We both enjoy the quiet and simple things in life: good food, a quiet walk, and the company of a good friend.



God is love.
-rev-rob

 

0 comments: