Tuesday, November 6, 2018

thoughts on the billion-

recently there was a mega-million lottery prize for 1.6 billion dollars. I never play the lottery, but I bought one ticket; and when there wasn't a winner I bought another one. 

I didn't win. 

I was sure that I was going to win. I was sure that God wanted me to win, and that He wanted to bless me and use me to bless others. it turns out that He wants to do both of those things without making me filthy rich.

just like everyone else, I started thinking about what I would do with the billion. I started asking questions like, "would I quit my job?" "would I keep my lifestyle or start living lavishly?" "would I share? how much? with who? would I start an organization to help people? would I just hand out cash?"

I started dreaming some big dreams, and spending some big bucks in my mind.

I got this thought that has been following me around- I was driving, and I thought to myself,
"if I won the billion, I would work at a church, but I wouldn't ever worry about my future.
why worry?!
I've got my billion! if that church didn't like me I would just go and work somewhere else.
and when I do work there, I would work with such a happy, care-free attitude- 

I would be friendly- and easy to work with, and patient-
because I would be taken care of! I would have all of the money in the world.
so why stress?! why have drama? why be territorial, or protective of my rights?
why not just love everyone and have a great time working,
because my money would always be there to provide for me needs.
my money would remind me that there is nothing to stress about."


as I was driving I felt like God was whispering to me,
"I've got more than $1.6 billion- and I'll take care of you.
so go ahead and work- and have fun, and be stress-free and drama-free and love everyone; because you're covered.

I'll be your safety-net. you don't need to worry about the future."

if I had a pile of cash, I think it would be a lot easier to put my security and trust in it than in God.
but God's resources are even bigger.
and His love is more genuine.
and He is for me and my future.


so I'm going to just operate as though I won the billion.
I'm going to be fun to be around, and easy to work with.

I'm not going to be territorial, or protective, or impatient.
I'm going to be low-key and friendly, and interested in others.
and I'm going to trust that He has me, my future, and my family covered. 


but I'm going to keep driving the same car.

God is love.
-rev-rob



1 comments:

BJR said...

Gospel chill, I've heard it dubbed. Good thoughts, brother.