Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ow.

so-
yesterday i went to sky high

with some middle school guys.
my goal was to walk away uninjured.
trampolines and i have had an on again,
off again relationship since my teens.
i keep getting on them
and they keep wrecking my body.


didn’t make that goal.


i rolled my ankle.
but i kept on bouncing.
i guess the drive to bounce runs in the family.




as i was bouncing there was this moment
where my lower back jumped into my upper back.
ow.
i crawled off the trampoline.
i tried to play it off-
but there were some moments where
i did some complaining.
i was walking with a young man named austin.
i said,
“austin- i am injured.”
“sounds like YOU need a MASSAGE!”
he said.
“yeah- i’ll have to figure that out.”
i answered.
“i give really good massages!
would you like me to give you one?”
he asked.
“uh- no. but thanks I said.”
“are you SURE?
because my mom says that mine are the best!”
“yeah- i think i’ll be alright- but thanks buddy.”
i said.
“my dad thinks mine a really good too!”
“for reals buddy- i’ll be ok.”


we walked out to the bus side by side-
and without speaking,
he quietly dig his fist into my back.
i chuckled and said thanks.
it was a thoughtful gesture.


and today i’ve been walking around
with a limp and hunched over-
and trying to look cool.
trampolines!
why do you have to be so fun?
and dangerous?!

0 comments: