Thursday, October 2, 2008

facebook makes me feel like i did when i was in high school

facebook makes me feel like I did when I was in high school.
there are people floating around the internet crowd:
many of them know me, but they don’t want to say hi.
or they know me,
but they pretend that they don’t
or act like they didn’t notice me there.
or I know them,
but don’t know if they want to talk to me again.
or they don't really care to be my friend,
but they want to know the latest about me.
I feel that I have to act cool online because people are silently watching
and silently making judgments about how I look, or what I say.
I felt the same way back in high school.
just when I found a sense of security as a grown up,
I get a facebook account
and relive all of those feelings of insecurity that I had as a teenager.
what's next?!
facebook cliques of cool kids that make fun of me behind my back?

1 comments:

BJR said...

I've had similar feelings. I've even had someone write a note about a private conversation, just because he got mad at me and wanted to gossip about me. I was like "dude, that's pretty low."