Saturday, May 29, 2010

jane-on-the-train

today, jane and i visited Oak Meadow Park in Los Gatos-
its one of our favorite places to spend time together. we had a snack, swinged on the swings, and of course, we rode on the train:
As we were riding, I asked Jane: "how many times do you think we have been on this train?"
she thought about it for a bit and said, "maybe a million-billion."
"I think you're right," I said.
we had enough tickets for two rides, but jane decided that she only wanted to ride once. We took our spare tickets back to the cashier for a refund, and the cashier said, "what's wrong?"
"she's over it." I answered. "she has been riding this train her entire life!"

from the pictures below, you can see that its true: jane has been riding the train in Los Gatos for her entire 5 and a half years of life.

jane was born in late 2004, and so these pictures are probably from her first ride ever in 2005, and less than a year old:




here is Jane in 2006 at a year old:


in 2007 with those trademark sunglasses:


before she could talk, jane did most of her communication through her facial expressions. I think this was means "this is exciting!":


on the train with grandma and grandpa at 2 years old:


in 2008 at 3 years old:


and in december of 2008 on our famous night ride:


here we are on the train in 2009 when jane was 4:



and today, at 5 and half years old:


waaaah!!!
she's so big! I can't believe it. time is passing too fast. pretty soon she won't ride the train at all! actually, I think it me that loves it the most.
sigh.
being a dad is fun.
-rob

3 comments:

Emily said...

WOW! Those pictures were fun to see- I can't believe how quickly time goes by. Jane is getting so big!!

Diane said...

I've been riding that train my whole life too! Good memories!! I should totally go with my Dad again.

popuri said...

didnt see this the last time I was at san jose...this looks like fun!