Friday, June 25, 2010

6 month update

if you’re keeping tabs on your pal rob, here are some updates:



I made some new year’s resolutions at the beginning of the year; here is a 6 month update:


I made a resolution to eat no fries and no fried food all year. that has been pretty good. I’ve been in situations where there has only been fried food available and have had a few bites here and there. it hasn’t been perfect, but I’m doing pretty good. my new goal is to have a soda-free-summer. about 25 day in and I’m going strong. I don’t even miss it.


we have also not charged anything for the last 6 months. this has really helped us to pay down our credit cards! whenever I buy something online, I first go and get a gift card and use that instead of my credit card. I’m hoping to make it until December, but we’ve got a cracked winshield on one car, and bald tires on another. hang in there car parts!


we did get to take Janie to Disneyland, and we can’t wait to get back. she has recently fallen in love with toy story 2, and we are excited to go on the toy story ride and take pictures with buzz and woody.


I said that I wanted to have a good attitude, and I’m really working on it! (that last post wasn’t the best example). I have read a bunch of books on this, and I think about this and talk about this all the time. its cool, because I often hear my friends talking about it too.


I wanted to get to the gym 250 times this year. this isn’t going to happen. I make it about 3 times a week if I’m lucky. I’ve added some meetings to my weekly schedule that make it almost impossible to go everyday.


I’m still making a ton of homemade toys! I just made jane a soccer field for her figures, and a hat for her buzz lightyear costume.


my trees didn’t make it. there are 2 left. they are fighting to stay alive. I had the students plant pine tree seeds instead. I’ll share more about that camp in the future.


my job is a blast, and my family is awesome.
thanks for keeping up with me. and thanks for reading my blog.


God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: