Friday, July 2, 2010

mary poppins outside

its friday, my day off, and this morning I was thinking of how I might spend my day with jane. I looked on a website that has all kinds of ideas of things to do with kids, and i saw this picture:


my daughter's love for mary poppins has been documented here, here, here, and here.
for those reasons, I felt like this is something that we HAD to do. so we got out jane's mary poppins costume, and deanna updated my bert hat, and we headed out to the outdoor theater in fremont. the movie didn't stat until 8:15, and jane goes to bed at 7, and she was pretty mellow when we arrived. we participated in the pre-show chalk-drawing-contest:

 

we posed for a few pictures,


and we had a little post-dinner snack: M&M's. to say that the M&M's gave jane a sugar-rush is an understatement. my daughter hopped, sang, talked, pointed, and laughed through the first half of the movie:


she was way too hyper to sit down:


we kind of bugged the people around us with all of this energy. one lady got up and moved, another gave us a scowl. we eventually got up and moved to the back of the ampitheater to be nice to the other movie-goers. we won a big box of chalk for jane's chalk drawing! we left at about 10pm even though there was a lot of movie left. everyone in the ampitheater had a great time singing along with those timeless songs, but no one had as much fun as jane and deanna and I.

being a dad is fun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesome Rob! I love this :) Janie is super cute, what a great little Mary Poppins! Does she want to be a nanny when she grows up?