Wednesday, September 19, 2012

JUST-EHHHH-CE!


on Sunday morning, I went over to the bathroom at church during the singing time, right before I was scheduled to speak in middle school. when I got into the hallway, I saw one of the students, a young man named justice wandering the halls.

I thought to myself, “he’s not supposed to be wandering the halls! he is supposed to either be with his parents in the service, or upstairs with all of the students!”

so I called out, “JUSTICE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!”
but he didn’t even acknowledge me.

so I thought to myself, “I know that walk. he’s upset. why is he upset? is he having a conflict with his family? his friends? is he mad at me? did I say something to him that hurt his feelings?”

so I called out, “JUSTICE! WHAT’S THE MATTER?!”
still no response. he just kept walking.

I thought to myself, “that’s weird. wow- he really is upset. he won’t even talk to me.”
so I kept following him and calling out his name- around one corner, and around another.

and I thought to myself, “now I’M offended! after all we’ve been through as friends, he won’t even turn around when I call him. what is this kid’s problem? I’m just trying to help. He could at least turn around when I call him.”

he went around another corner and sat down in a chair. I caught up to him and shouted out,
“JUSTICE! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?! I HAVE BEEN CALLING OUT TO YOU FOR LIKE 5 MINUTES! WHY DON’T YOU ANSWER WHEN I CALL?”

and then he looked up, pulled the ear-bud out of his ear and said,
“huh? did you say something?”

he was listening to headphones the whole time.

I said, “why are you sitting here?”
he said, “oh- I’m just waiting for my parent’s bible study to end.”

and I turned around to see the open door of a room full of people praying, and justice’s parents we're there too. they were the only ones looking up at me- and they had one of those embarrassed smiles on their faces. I'm guessing that they heard the whole conversation.

and then I went and spoke in middle school.

0 comments: