Tuesday, August 13, 2013

funny conversations-

the other day I was at Erik's deli getting a sandwich. the lady taking my order was a little older and was playfully picking on a younger employee. the conversation went like this:

ME: "how are you?"
THE CASHIER: "I'm great! I've been here all morning and its almost time for me to leave- but Carolyn over here is already drunk!"
ME: "already?!"
CAROLYN: (looking embarrassed): "I'm not even 21!"
THE CASHIER: "we know that never stopped anyone, don't we?! DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE CAROLYN!"

poor Carolyn.

the other day I was at church, and a female student came up to me and said:
STUDENT: "are you limping?!"
ME: "yeah- I hurt myself running."
STUDENT: "so you were just running, and you hurt yourself?"
ME: "yes. things like that can happen when you're old like me."
STUDENT: "so what part of yourself did you hurt?"
ME: "well, to be honest, I injured my hip, my thigh, and... my rear."
long pause.
STUDENT: "well that's ok. my butt hurts most of the time too!"
ME: "?!"

the other day jane wanted to read a book that I thought was a little too mature for her- she said,

JANE: "dad! I can handle this!"
ME: "I think you're not quite old enough for this. this book is a little scary..."
JANE: "come on dad! I'm a PG-kid! I can handle PG!"
ME: "you're definitely a G."


the other day I was having another sandwich at Erik's, reading my bible, and an elderly couple walked by- the wife walked up behind me, leaned down to see what I was reading and said, "getting ready for your sunday school lesson this week?" I said, "no- I'm just catching up on some reading." she said, "well, I gut ready for mine earlier today!" then her husband walked up to me and cheerfully asked, "understandest thou what thou readest?" which is probably the king james version of a passage in the book of acts- I answered, "I'm trying!" I was happy to meet them-

0 comments: