Saturday, August 17, 2013

homemade toys:: the dress shop

the other day Jane and I were in the mood for a homemade toy project- so we got to work on a dress shop for the critters. we had a lot of clothes, shoes, and a few hangers, but we needed more hangers, more clothes racks, and a background. I got some dowels and a foam board from Michael's and we got to work. here is what we came up with:
you can see that there is a worker at the cash register, and some mannequins showing clothes- I think you can click on the photo for better detail-



I made some mannequins, some hangers, and a couple of clothes racks. I cut the board to size too. we had the floor, and jane did all the rest! here is the top view:

 
 
you can see on the top right that there is a dressing room too!
this was a fairly inexpensive way for us to have some fun together, and to allow my little girl's imagination to run wild for awhile.
being a dad is fun.
-rob

0 comments: