Saturday, December 28, 2013

2013 to 2014::

2013 was a big year!
I got ordained!
I ran 2013 miles! (and put a stress fracture in my hip- ouch!)
I learned lots of bible verses-



I had some wonderful times with my family too-
deanna and I celebrated SEVENTEEN YEARS married- whoa!


we discovered feeding koi fish at japanese gardens,
 

cable cars:



golden gate park,



we visited disneyland-


we discovered bocce ball,



we celebrated my kid turning NINE. (and grew OUT of the children's discovery museum.)
jane had a great time being a homeschooler!
she did really great at all of her school work, and got to go on lots of cool field trips-
like this one to see some original star wars props- (ok this was really more for me:)



and she got REALLY good at cursive writing. I have never seen my child so interested in hand writing! kudos to her awesome teacher!



and we made lots of homemade toys!

at church, I celebrated 12 years of middle school ministry at the same church- whoa!
and we did some fun things like renting out a roller rink for a 50's party:


we rented an ice cream truck:
 


we rented an ice-rink:


we threw some crazy parties:



we played a lot of games:



I wrote about a million-billion letters:



and we did lots and lots of talks!
some were at schools:


some were on video:


some were on the road at camps:


but most of them were at home in our big green room.
I also said goodbye to some good co-worker friends, and hello to some new co-worker friends!

I kept all of my new year's resolutions, but here are a few more:
I plan to run 2014 miles in 2014!
I plan on memorizing another 12 chapters of the bible with my friend Mike,
no candy or un-diet soda.
and only ONE serving of fries per week. this year I'll have 52 friday-FRYdays!

I'm starting out next year with SIX WEEKS OFF for extended leave. I'll probably post 1000 blogs and tear every leg muscle I've got. and go broke by giving all of my money to malibu grill. but hopefully I'll get some good rest too.

it was a great year! next year will be great too-
happy new year friends!

God is love.
-rev-rob






1 comments:

BJR said...

You're hilarious. Congrats and God bless you richly this year. Love you, Rob!