Wednesday, January 2, 2013

a belated year end blog

2012 was great. great year with the family, and a great year at work.
I made several new year's resolutions, and I did pretty well on them! I said that I wanted to maintain my weight and pants-size- and I made some good progress on that! I even dropped to lower weights and pants sizes! I wanted to upgrade my house, and I'm sure I did- all of the projects seem to kind of blend together in my memory-
speaking of memory- I had a goal to memorize galatians, philippians and colossians, and all of those verses are now swirling around in my brain.
and I had no fries, no regular soda, and no candy until christmas.

I also accomplished a few things that weren't on my list! I became a runner! last year I put in 1100 miles on the treadmill! I got runner shoes and clothes and all kinds of other accessories. I really love it!

so this year my goals include-
running 1500 miles, memorizing 12 more chapters of the bible, no fries, no soda, and no candy until christmas. I also want either me or deanna to read a chapter of the bible with jane each night.

we just got her a real bible, and we've been reading it before bed each night. this is something that I have been wanting to do for awhile, but wasn't really sure how to get started. this year at christmas, she read part of the christmas story at her grandparents' and she enjoyed it a lot- so did I! so the next day we got a real teenager-purple bible for girls. she has been reading the psalms before bedtime and she really gets into it. a few nights ago we were reading psalm 3 and she was reading in a loud, booming voice:
"O LORD, I HAVE SO MANY ENEMIES! SO MANY ARE AGAINST ME! SO MANY ARE SAYING, “GOD WILL NEVER RESCUE HIM!” it was epic.

one more resolution: I plan to get ordained! that means I'll really be REV-ROB. this is something I have been curious about for a long time, but now I feel like its time. it sounds like it won't be as hard as I thought it would be. can you believe it? I'll be a reverend! sheesh.

thanks for reading and for following me on twitter @realrobwalter
happy new year!

God is love.
-rev-rob

 

0 comments: