Tuesday, July 17, 2018

7 things that are bugging me right now:

I have been posting about the things that I've been into lately, but I'm going to take a break from that and rant a bit about 7 things that are bugging me right now:

1. yogurt
not fro-yo- the kind that comes in a little plastic cup and has weird organisms living in it. why is it that when people eat it, they eat it super slow; and they look at the spoon while they are eating it; and they stick their tongue out really far when they eat it? its gross.

2. backwards parking
I get it. its easier to pull out of a parking space when your car is parked backwards. the thing that bugs me is the process that people to go through to park backwards. They drive into the parking lot, and at some point, they just stop. then they spin the wheel and back up. then they straighten the wheel and drive forward. then they back up. and pull forward. and back up. then they give you all kinds of attitude. people who do this also seem to be a little too into their car too. it slows everything down. 

3. dog people
again- I get it. I had lots of dogs growing up. dogs are cool. big dogs are. little dogs that need to be held constantly and can't be left alone in your house- are not cool. people who carry their dog around and make baby talk to it are not cool. people who bring their dog into supermarkets and restaurants and businesses- and then bark at employees when they ask if it is a service dog are not cool. 

4. pen-clickers.
what is it about a clicking pen that makes people want to click it 1000 times a minute? for about a week I ran into a pen-clicker at least once a day. they were making me crazy. I could not even hear what they were saying over the sound of their pen-clicking. I finally found all of the pens and hid them. 

5. beer people at the ballgame
or the concert- and stadium or arena event. first they go and get a beer and make everyone scoot their feet in. then they come back with their beer and make everyone scoot their feet in. this time they have like 3 beers all filled to the brim and spilling. why don't they put lids on beer? then they drink the beer and have to pee- so they creep out again. that pattern repeats itself like 8 times in a 3 hour game. the worst is when they have to stop a basketball game because someone spilled their beer on the court.

6. the phrase "and...GO!"
I see this on facebook a lot- people are like, "what is a good dentist in the area? aaand...GO!" like we are in a race to answer their question- or to be the first to answer their question- or that their question is really that important. what if you asked for advice and graciously said thank you?

6a. facebook birthday ungraciousness
facebook tells people when its your birthday- and then people wish you a happy birthday. you know its coming. then people go out of their way to post something on your facebook page- then what? what bugs me is when people do nothing. like they are clearly not grateful that someone wished them a happy birthday. or the next day they post something like, "wow thanks for ALL those birthday wishes! I wish that I could reply to ALL of them, but I'm SO busy, so I'll just post this little note."
come on.
if someone wishes you a happy birthday, say thank you. give that post a like. write something in response. if you don't want to, then take your birthday off of your profile; but don't be ungracious. 


7. the slow right-hand turn.
slow anything when I'm following a car makes me a little crazy, but the slow right hand turn can make me straight batty. this is when someone is driving down the street and they have to turn right- when you turn left, you usually have to wait for a break in the other side of traffic- but not when you turn right. some people will nearly stop their car in the middle of the road and creep their car to the right. why so slow?! are they afraid they will get up on 2 wheels like the dukes of hazard? I could do a whole post about driving habits that make me crazy, but this tops the list. I'm not a road-rage honker, but a few times I have been tempted to be!

God is love.
rev-rob



0 comments: