Wednesday, November 28, 2007

graphics

I like to use graphics and themes when I speak-
here are 25 of my favorites from the recent months:

1. pause- my friend scott saunders helped me with these graphics as well as many other sets. this series was on spiritual disciplines.



2. white flag- this was a series on having a right view of authority- my friend wes was the model in all of the images.



3. summerPSALMS- another series created by scott- this was a lot of fun for me.



4. BFF: I took a risk with this one using the illustrations of E.H. Shephard to speak about friendship- surprisingly, it went over well, thanks to all the help I had from the middle school staff.



5. beautifully angry- this was about doing something about poverty in the world- I went for a rock-show-flyer-look- I don’t think the students got it.



6. believe it or not- this was a series about faith- I wanted the images to look like the pages of Robert Ripley’s books from the early 1900’s.



7. not it- another series by scott- this was a series on humility and gave birth to ‘arrogant joe.’



8. CRASH- or how to crash your faith- I went to pick and pull and took photos of smashed cars for this one.



9. revolutionaryLOVE- on the life of jesus- the title came from the david crowder song.



10. love.action.mercy.prayer.- gwen stefani’s love-angel-music-baby had just come out. I wanted the graphics to look like urban outfitters- too bad middle schoolers don’t shop there.



11. GO TEAM- this was one of my most popular series- we had local sports heroes come and talk about practice, rules, team, etc.



12. liking yourself- a series on self image. I wept while studying for those messages. If I only had one sermon to give students it would probably be one from this series.



13. forty-five-eight- this was the story of joseph and had genesis 45:8 as its core verse. I wanted it to look like rob bells’ nooma videos.



14. iPod- this was about making a noise for God/ evangelism. no one even noticed when I snuck in some photos of my favorite irish quartet from their iPod commercial.



15. MADE- this was a series built around the illustrations that the bible uses to describe us: clay, light, sheep, a house, etc. the middle school staff did this series and they all nailed it. the graphics come from kurt johnson.



here are some things that I used for one of my favorite projects, WX-MEN; our short lived middle school boy ministry:

16. samson the savage- this stuff practically preaches itself to middle school boys



17. thunder- the life of john the baptist- we were all so sad when he was beheaded!



18. ancient warriors- on 1 and 2 Samuel- I had fun with this- hopefully the boys did too. scott made these graphics as well.



19. spider-man-spirituality- this was my last wx-men series. I finally got to use my love for spider-man to serve God!



20. fearlessCOURAGE- on the life of paul. I got the graphics from a little orthodox bookstore in boulder creek.



21. the pirates of Babylon- on the book of daniel. for awhile there, there were a lot of pirates in middle school ministry!



here are some things that are current and in the future:

22. calling all peacemakers- this is a series I’m doing for Los Gatos Christian School- its on bullying. I had no idea how big this issue was.



23. unChristmas- this series begins this week- the art was inspired by a recent book, unChristian.



24. (678)- the name of the new middle school ministry- brooke commons developed this logo. its inspired by Isaiah 6:7-8



25. crouching-dragon::soul-assassin- this series is coming up in January- its based on Genesis 4:6 where God tells Cain that sin is crouching at his door, but he must master it- I’m really looking forward to this! scott created the graphics for this one too.

0 comments: