Wednesday, January 30, 2008

p.s.

I just have a few minutes before youth group, but I thought I’d share some updates:

number 1- an update on teflon-aaron- I was ticked that aaron didn’t get punished, and that God didn’t seem to even acknowledge his crimes. at dinner I read Deuteronomy 9 which reviews the whole golden calf story. verse 20 says, “The Lord was so angry with Aaron that he wanted to destroy him, too. But I prayed for Aaron, and the Lord spared him.” aha! I knew God was mad about that! but God listened to moses’ plea for aaron. “uhh- aaron? you’re welcome!”

number 2- my bus. its all better and home in the church parking lot. it was just an electrical issue associated with the alternator. it was a pretty cheap repair- whew!

number 3- my soul. I was pretty down last weekend. but I have had some extremely encouraging conversations in recent days. also, I spent the entire day working with my hands on a project in the youth room. my mind and my heart were replenished by mindlessly working with my hands and accomplishing a goal. not only that, my new favorite basketball team, the golden state warriors just signed my all-time favorite basketball player, chris webber! its just another sign of how much God loves me.

all that is to say- I’m feeling great and I’m totally ready for the future, and ready to connect with students tonight!
thanks to all who have been remembering me in their prayers!
-rob

0 comments: