Monday, January 28, 2008

broke-bus-mountain

well I’ve spent the entire weekend bummed about my bus.
the way it was driving, i was sure that the transmission was destroyed and that my bus with new floors and new paint, and new logos would have to be junked. or that the new administrators would give me the evil eye when i requested the money for a new transmission.


i called the bus repair man first thing this morning on the way home from the gym. we’re on a first name basis. i told him that i would have it towed to his shop today. and i told him to expect a shot electrical system, a shot transmission and blessings from God if he showed us grace.


at 1pm the tow truck man came, right when we agreed on.
he asked for the keys.
he opened the door and started the bus.
“WHAT?!
IT STARTS?!
HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!” i thought-
on the outside i looked very cool and mechanically smart.
the tow truck man said,
“can you drive it over to the back of my truck?”


in my mind I thought,
“uhhh no. that’s why you’re here! it doesn’t drive!”
but it did. ack!
so the transmission must still work!


i said, “should I just drive it to the mechanic?
he said, “sure, if you want to risk it…”
“hoist it up.” I said.


after he had it hoisted up I hopped in the passenger seat.
he gave me a blank stare.
“uhh, do you need a ride?” he asked
“sure! how else am I going to get to the mechanic?”
“umm…do you have a car? you don’t want to stay there do you?”
“oh, uh, yeah- umm- no. umm yeah- I’ll just… drive my own car…”
i felt DUMB!


and it turns out that my broken bus probably just needs a new alternator.
and tonight i wil be able to sleep soundly.








“oh rob!
you so CRĀ-zy!”

0 comments: