Wednesday, November 26, 2008

what's bugging rob on 11/26?

what bugging rob on 11/26? 2 things.

the first: super-long-receipts.
I get bugged when I go to a store and buy something, and a foot-long receipt gets printed out. its got a survey, and a coupon, and of course, how much I spent on what. the cashier gives it to me and I have to fold it like five times just to get it to fit in my wallet. and then my wallet is super-fat and there is nothing in it but receipts. its like George on Seinfeld. eventually its just going to explode. I like what the apple store or what amazon.com does when they just e-mail me my receipt. saves a tree and makes my wallet thinner.

RETAILERS: stop printing out those long receipts! I don’t want to take your survey! if I did, I’d tell you that I’m dissatisfied with your long receipts!

the second: people who wait for parking spots at the mall.

this happens to me when I drive into the parking garage at the mall, and there is a line 15 cars long to get to the top! as if this was frustrating enough, the issue isn’t that the lot is crowded, the issue is that someone in the front of the line has parked their car in the middle of the parking garage and is waiting for a car to leave. they make the rest of us wait instead of looking for the next best spot.

I have been that person that people wait for to leave. I get to the mall early on fridays and I usually have a great spot. when I go to leave, there is someone who has parked their car near mine and is waiting for me to load up and leave. I feel all of this pressure in these situations. I feel like its me holding up traffic, not the rude mall-shopper. so I rush to get jane in her seat and the stroller in the back and I wish that this person waiting for me would just go to the next spot! there is another spot! I know it! you can find it!

I understand this kind of behavior on black friday. but on a regular old-day? that drives me nuts.
mall shoppers: be considerate. don’t hold up traffic and wait for a spot. it makes people leaving your spot rush and it makes people behind you irate. go to the top of the parking garage. there is always parking up there- and you’ll have an elevator to take you right inside the mall.

0 comments: