Wednesday, November 19, 2008

adventures in speaking to middle schoolers:: 11/19

I spoke in chapel yesterday and gave a message from my “soul assassin” series that I did earlier this year. I started the message with some photos of some people that had been assassinated to talk about the definition of the word.
I started out with this picture:









I asked the students:
“who is THIS GUY?”
one young man raised his hand and said, “harry potter?”
i was stunned. the students seemed to wonder why.
sure, its not that clear of a picture, but harry potter?
HARRY POTTER?!
what has this world come to?

2 comments:

Jeff M. said...

That makes me sad. Parents need to do a better job teaching their kids important things. Teaching kids about the beatles and John Lennon is just as important as teaching them to brush their teeth.

BJR said...

Rob, I bet you would have gotten the same response if you'd put Jimmy Page or The Edge up there. Only that would have made you cry, huh? :)