Wednesday, September 23, 2009

random-rob-story:: 9/23/09

one time, when I was an intern in modesto, I went to a U2 show in Oakland. I went to the merchandise counter, and I saw a really cool shirt with U2’s guitarist The Edge standing with one foot in the air. I looked all over for a photo of it, but I couldn’t find it. he had his hands in the air and looked like he was doing kind of a funny monster walk. I loved the shirt, so I bought it.

but, the funny, monster-pose-picture wasn’t on the front of the shirt, it was on the back!
on the front of the shirt was bono kneeling and smoking!





so I had this shirt that I really liked, but felt that it was somewhat inappropriate.
so I never really wore it.
except for one night. I made a quick run to wal-mart. and wouldn’t you know, I ran into the senior pastor of my church!
we chatted for a few minutes, and the whole time, I kind of crossed my arms over bono’s face.
we said goodbye and walked away, and then my pastor stopped and said,
“oh rob! one more thing!”
“what does he want to tell me,” I wondered; “does he want my advice for an upcoming sermon? does he want to compliment me on a job well done?”
he smiled and said, “nice shirt;” then turned and walked away.

ugh! caught wearing a smoking shirt at walmart!
no wonder they didn’t hire me.

God is love.
-rev-rob

1 comments:

BJR said...

That's so funny. Wade is bomb. Tattoo and all. :) Ha!