Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

today at church I drove the shuttle from the church campus to our off-site parking for staff and volunteers. a friend of mine gave me a break, so I decided to go out front and greet guests. Easter and Christmas are pretty much the only time of year that I'm called on to be a greeter, and I accidentally said, "merry christmas!" to a few guests.


while I was out front I saw my friend Luba, who I blogged about on Valentine's Day. I've been wondering if she got my card- she came up to me and gave me a hug and said, "thank you for that card! I opened it up and said to the Lord, 'Lord, you gave me a son. Not by my blood, but by Your blood. Happy Easter, Rob." this lady has some sort of power over me, because we both teared up again while we hugged out on the patio! she gave me a kiss on the cheek.


this lady made my day.
give someone a hug this week.
tell them that you appreciate them.
use your words to bless them.
and if it's ok, give them a kiss on the cheek.
you can make their day for free.


God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: