Wednesday, July 21, 2010

5-year-old-theologian pt. 1

a couple of weeks ago, jane and I were having a daddy-daughter-day at Gilroy gardens when we received a phone call from Deanna- she was having abdominal pains, and she was driving herself to the emergency room. we met her there. it turned out to be kidney stones, and she was much better by the end of the night. while Deanna was at the hospital, and laer that night, jane and I prayed for her to get better. a couple of days later, jane and Deanna were talking and jane said, “mom- I don’t think it was the hospital that made you better.” Deanna asked what made her better. jane just pointed to the sky and said, “God.”


sometime later, jane and I were at burger king. we got our food and sat down and jane said, “dad, I heard you thank the people for the food, but I don’t think they were the ones that made it.” “who made it I asked?” again, she just pointed up and said, “God. He made everything.”


kids don’t need a debate or an apologetics course to believe in God. their hearts know that He is real and that He heals and provides. maybe that’s why jesus tells us that we need to receive His kingdom like a child. I heard a speaker recently say that children are vulnerable, gullible, and weak. eventually we grow out of that; but when it comes to our relationship with God, those are good things.


God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: