Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 resolutions

every year I make new year's resolutions- last year my resolutions included:
// continue to aggressively eliminate debt and not go in ANY further.
// continue to have a great attitude
// celebrate TEN YEARS at the church in july
// get to the point where I ENJOY running and look forward to it.
// I want to drop weight and pants sizes
// I want to see how long I can go no soda, no candy. yikes! (in other words, no 7/11 in 2011)
// I want to be able to quote the entire book of romans by the end of 2011.

I did pretty well.
we eliminated some debt and made some more-
I think I had a good attitude, although I definitely had some moments that I'd like to do-over if I could,
I had a wonderful 10 year celebration this year- thanks to many friends and family members,
I dropped 50lbs and 6 inches in the waistband-
I did go no "regular soda." I had quite a bit of the diet soda, but none of the hard stuff.
I also went no candy or friench fries.
and I finished memorizing romans earlier this year.
I never got into running, and I doubt that I will- I have enjoyed hiking in the local foothills very much.

now for 2012!
nothing crazy- just more good stuff:
// this year I want to memorize galatians, ephesians and colossians, which should go over pretty well with my awesome group of verse-memorizing-accountability-friends-
// I want to maintain my weight and pants-size.
// I want to continue to upgrade and improve my home.
// for my food-fasts: no fries, no candy, no soda until christmas 2013.

there's lots that I want to do that can't be quantified-
I want to have a good attitude at all times- (1 Thessalonains 5:16-18 is becoming a theme verse for my life)
I want to be fully-present in every conversation- especially with my family; but also with students, co-workers and the team of volunteers at the church.
I want to do an excellent job at my work-
I want to grow in my ability to create and deliver a message from the bible-
I want to learn and grow in my fascination in new fields-
I want to respond in a godly way in every interaction and issue that I face.
I want to grow in my generosity- not necessarily to strangers, but to people that I know and love who could use the help.
I want to be a great dad to my kid-
I want to be a great husband to my wife-

a lot of these things can't be checked off of a list- they are areas to grow in, and this year I want to grow into a better me.

and I hope that this year is a year where you accomplish your goals both tangible and unquantifiable-
the world is counting on you to be the best you that you can be at any given moment,
because you never know when its your moment to stand and deliver a skill and character that only you can provide-

have an amazing year!

God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: