Monday, April 23, 2012

my delights:: 4/12


here is a short list of things that I find delightful right now:


1. the word “delight”

first of all, the word “delight” is delightful to me right now. its such a happy word. it’s a pleasant word. I love to tell people that their kids were a delight to the volunteers and students at a recent event. I love to tell vendors that their service was a delight to me and to the ministry. I want to be a delight to others as I interact with them. I did a little word search in the bible, and it says that crowds were delighted to listen to Jesus. it says that God delighted in Jesus. my goal is to be a delight to the people I meet.

2. radio-controlled clocks

I know, it sounds weird, but I love clocks that are on time and keep their time. I have radio-controlled clocks everywhere- in the youth room, in the middle school game room, in my office, in every room of my house; even my watch is radio controlled! I love to look at different clocks and see them tick to the same second. if these were less expensive, I would have way-more.

p.s. on clocks- I recently got an analog clock for my bathroom, (a clock with hands) that is silent and doesn’t tick! I find it to be delightful.

3. hot showers

I have had sinus issues all of my life and a long hot shower with all of its steam gives me clear airways. Since I enjoy this so much, I have been maximizing my shower-time. Now I shave in the shower and get dressed in my little shower/ laundry room. if I could dry my hair in the shower I would. I do my best thinking in the shower, and now I have a little bath crayon so I can write down my ideas that I come up with!


this is a little theme park in Gilroy dedicated to plants and agriculture. it sounds a little geeky, but we absolutely love it. its got little roller coasters, lots of waterfalls and shade. we love to eat ice cream in the shade and walk its winding paths. its never crowded when we go. I’m delighted with the story of the park- how Michael Bonfante wanted to share his love with trees with the world, and how he rescued the circus trees of scott’s valley and brought them to display in Gilroy. last time we were there, we were the second in line to get in. before the park opens, they play the national anthem, which is delightful in itself. when we got through the gate, Jane ran to her first ride shouting “I love this place!” all the way there.

5. leonard sweet books

I recently finished all of leonard sweet’s books. he writes quite a few and fairly quickly. each page is full of wit, poetry and something profound to say about Christ and the church.

6. moleskine notepads

most people who know me have seen me whip out a note pad from my back pocket and scribble out a quick reminder to myself. I recently discovered moleskine notepads which are much more durable and more professional-looking. they also have a pocket in the back where I can hold my business cards. this keeps them cleaner and flatter than my wallet does. jane recently picked up a pink moleskine- because she is my dearly loved child who likes to copy her dad.

7. storage wars on A&E

we discovered this show recently and have been recording it. its about a group of buyers who buy “abandoned” storage lockers and then re-sell the treasures that they find. I hope to go to one of these auctions soon. my favorite guy on the show is Barry Weiss who seems like the coolest guy to hang out with-

8. glow-in-the-dark flashlights
you can find them in the dark- genius!



I’m sure I’ll think up lots more things that I’m delighted with and will have lots more posts to come.
“delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.” –psalm 37:4

God is love.
-rev-rob


0 comments: