Monday, February 10, 2014

my favorite kinds of trees

my wife was confused by my posts about time management. hopefully no one else was. you have to read the blogs in order, 1-4, not 4-1 like they appear. also- there is just one master daily list for each day- they calendar lists just help to build it.

ANYHOW- on a less confusing point- here is a list of my current favorite trees:

// magnolia
I know they only bloom for a bit, but when they do, those petals look like paintbrushes dipped in purple paint!

// jacaranda
I have never seen one of these trees, but I saw a documentary about them and they look super cool. I heard that when the leaves drop it looks cool, but its a pain to clean up:



// circus trees-
but you can only find these at gilroy gardens!
 


// giant oaks-
these things seem to defy physics and gravity.



// eucalyptus trees-
these sight and smell of these remind me of the central coast- and vasona park:




// weeping willows
but probably because they are in one of my favorite scenes ever filmed, the jolly holiday scene from mary poppins!


// giant sequoia trees/ redwoods
well- I am a true californian! these are breath taking:


// joshua trees-
well, I'm really into that ONE joshua tree!

// cherry blossoms
these look awesome when a whole orchard is in full bloom:
 

// tarzan's/ swiss family robinson's tree in adventureland!
 

// the pechanga oak-
I saw this tree on california's gold once- its in temecula and is supposed to be one of the world's biggest trees. its so big that you can have giant parties under it and feel like you're in a tree building. I'd like to visit it someday:
 

what can I say? I live in beautiful, sunny california with all of those awesome california trees! some of them make my allergies go off like crazy- but there is nothing like being around these old happy trees to put life in perspective.

"blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.

that person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers."
-psalm 1


God is love.
-rev-rob


p.s. here is a funny song about trees:



0 comments: