Friday, February 21, 2014

reflections on six weeks off-


Well, first of all, I'm so grateful to work at a place like venture that would give me six weeks of sabbatical!

at first I didn't know what I was going to do. I was positive that I was going to be bored out of my mind. boy was I wrong!
 
We traveled all around the state having all kinds of adventures.
 















 
 
I did some work. (A lot of work!)

 
 
we discovered geocaching,

 
 
 
and I met with many dear friends. I read a couple of great books and went on a few amazing walks.

 
I added to my bible memory.

 
I watched a ton of Winter Olympics. I ran a bunch.

 

best of all, I decompressed and I caught up with the most important people and things in my life. I learned a lot about myself, and was reminded of how much I enjoy the students and leaders that I work with.
 
my sabbatical can be summed up like this:
i slept in,
I ran 11 miles,
I took a nap,
and I had lunch with my daughter;
every single day for six weeks.
I was home for dinner six nights a week.
6 weeks- no agenda.
Best vacation ever.
I couldn't have made it better.

rest is a good thing.
Time to get back to work!

God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: