Thursday, January 18, 2018

all of my supplies:

last month during my church's office christmas party, they has this game where you had out yearbook-style awards like "most likely to..." the award that was given me was "most likely to have hand sanitizer on him."

this was funny- and it got me thinking about all of the other things I keep around me at all times. I keep little batches of necessary supplies all over: in my car, in the house, in my office, in my computer bag- so if you ever need one of these things, ask me and I probably have it.

1. glue.
I have every kind of glue near me at all times. super-glue, gorilla glue, glue stick, elmer's glue, wood glue, glue-gun-glue, rubber cement. you never know when you'll need glue.

2. pen/ thought-recorder
I always have my pen and paper on me- but if I don't, I record my thoughts on my phone, or scribble them on my hand- I have even kept bath crayons in my shower to save a good idea before I forget it.

3. cleaning supplies
clorox wipes, purell wipes, tissues and hand wipes.the bay area has lots of germs.

4. tools
my go-to is a 6-in-one screwdriver, but I usually have a utility knife, some pliers, zip ties and tape measures pretty much everywhere.

5. clocks
I'm pretty OCD about knowing what time it is- I have clocks in every room, and pretty much on every wall. I have calendars everywhere too.

6. checkers-
a good checkers game can break out anywhere. I also have sorry and connect 4 in my car.

7. magnifiers
I'm going blind, but I'm too proud to wear glasses.

8.a photo of fred rogers
when working with people- I try to just do what mister rogers would do, and that usually is a good choice. I have photos of him in random places to remind me to give everyone individual attention.

9. fresh breath:
I keep mints, toothbrushes, and toothpaste in multiple places. no one wants stinky breath

10. misc:
water bottle, mio drinks, bibles, verse cards, earplugs, cell phone chargers, sunglasses. these things are everywhere. 

when jane was smaller, she started with a diaper bag- but that evolved into a backpack that had water, snacks, band-aids, batteries, nintendo styluses and tools to open new toys. now I carry around all kinds of randomness. nothing wrong with being prepared!

God is love.

-rev-rob 

0 comments: