Thursday, February 7, 2008

random-rob-thoughts: feb. 7

here are some random thoughts/ experiences/ ideas running through my head:
:: I got to 6000 steps on the elliptical- I sort of cheated- I kept the resistance super low, but I did it. it was fun to see that number, but I don’t think I’ll try to go higher. this morning I was on the elliptical and it looked like I might be able to do it again. I really pushed myself, but I was at like 5960 after 30 minutes. my elderly and encouraging friend asked me if I made my goal. I showed him the number and he assured me that I could get it. what a nice guy.


:: kurt Johnson is going to use my story of the chipper in his book! I e-mailed it his and he wrote back saying, “Wow...I totally laughed out loud! Classic. Thanks a ton. I will definitely use this.” now I’ll finally have my words in a book- only they are words describing my worst night. not so sure that was a great idea…


:: I was reading Deuteronomy 20 today and I found a tree-hugger verse in verse 19 : “When you are attacking a town and the war drags on, you must not cut down the trees with your axes. You may eat the fruit, but do not cut down the trees. Are the trees your enemies, that you should attack them?” (nlt)


:: I was prepping for a message about david and jonathan. they have all of these awkward quotes about their friendship and love- like they became one in spirit, and he loved him as he loved himself. these guys hug, cry together, trade clothes. it says that jonathan was very fond of david- and when jonathan died, david cried out, ” Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women.” the liberal commentators say that they had a homosexual relationship. the conservative commentators say that there is no way they had one. I’m guessing that they didn’t- but isn’t it interesting that we can accept that david was an adulterer, a murderer, a liar, and that he employed a hitman like joab, but we can’t even fathom the thought of him having that kind of relationship with jonathan? just a thought.


:: jane came by my office to brighten everyone’s day. this morning at like 6am, Deanna was in the shower and jane got out of bed and hopped onto Deanna’s side of our bed. she and I had a fun little conversation about how our wednesdays went and our plans for our thursday. we also made some plans for friday. we talked about the dreams that we had and had a good talk about stuffed animals. it was easily the highlight of my day. I guess Deanna was holding her this week and said, “I like being your mommy.” and jane replied, “I like being your big kid.” cute girl.

2 comments:

Jeff M. said...

I wished I would've read this blog yesterday. Last night in my small group we were talking about love. I was explaining the "phileo" kind of love. Brotherly love. It would've been cool to use david and jonathan as an example!

Jeff M. said...

P.S.
That is SO awesome that the wood chipper story is being published! Congratulations!