Sunday, March 9, 2008

clocks

I’ve got a thing for knowing what time it is.
I always think its rude when you’re in a conversation with someone and they check their watch.
I also think that its distracting when you see a preacher check his watch. it makes you want to check yours.
I also find it comforting to know how much time I have before what comes next; because I don’t like being rushed, and I don’t like being late.

so-
to address all of these things- I have secretly placed clocks EVERYWHERE.



my favorites kinds of clocks are the digital ones that set themselves to the exact time and they tell the temperature too!



(itsn’t that annoying that many DIGITAL clocks can’t keep the time?!)
today I counted all of my clocks, because I had to reset ALL of them!

there is:
2 in my bathroom,
1 in the shower room/ laundry room to see while I’m showering
1 in my closet to see when I’m getting dressed.
3 in the bedroom
2 in my car
1 on my key chain
1 in the kitchen
3 in the living room
1 on my laptop
1 in jane’s room
1 on my cell phone- and that’s just at my house!
at work I’ve got a whopping

5 in my office!
3 in the sitting area outside of my office
3 in the game room,
2 in the room I use wednesdays, and
2 in the room I use on sundays.
I have multiples in a room so that I can naturally see them no matter what direction I’m facing.



not only that, you’ll almost never see me without my watch,
and I keep a spare in my bag, my desk, and in my car.
sheesh!

the other day jane climbed into our bed in the morning. it was 6:30, and she knows that she needs to stay in bed until 7. she grabbed my clock and said, “what does the clock say? it says SIX, THREE, ZERO! now what does the clock say? it says SIX, THREE, ONE!” she would have kept that up until 7 if we didn’t distract her. as she was rattling off each minute I thought to myself, “oh no! she’s becoming obsessed with minutes just like me!”

one time I lost my watch at hume lake and my friend chris laughed at me. I eventually bought another one. I felt naked. I told him, “chris! you don’t know what its like to be rob walter without a watch! its painful!”

I justify my time obsession with a scripture from the old king james:
“see then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.”
-ephesians 5.

so, if you ever want to know what time it is, come ask me. I can probably tell you without even looking down at my wrist.

0 comments: