Monday, May 26, 2008

over it: may, 2008

Here are the things that I’m currently over- in no particular order:

1. Those caveman commercials- they never were funny, and they are even less funny a year or so later.

2. Fries and chicken- jane loves to eat French fries and chicken strips/ nuggets/ stars, etc. jane and I have spent a lot of time in fast food restaurants this weekend, and I can do without fried food for awhile.

3. Gross reality TV- shows like rock of love, flavor of love, shot at love- any show where people make out for a long time with a camera in their face makes me sick. It seems like every time I’m flipping channels, they’re they are: drinking and kissing.

4. Lame-family-reality-tv- the osbournes were funny the first season- so were nick and Jessica- but the rest of them, I just don’t care. I’m over the kardashians, the lohans, denise Richards, all of them.

5. Deceptive comedy- I’m watching a tv show, and I’m laughing, and I’m thinking that I’ll finally stop flipping channels and just watch this show, and then it gets filthy dirty and I have to change the channel. Thanks a lot tv.

6. Bizarre weather- lately, its been crazy-hot or super-cloudy. When am I going to get that million-dollar south bay weather?

7. Slow people- I attract them like a magnet. It doesn’t matter where I am, whether I’m driving or walking, they get in front of me, and slow me down.

8. Politics- every day, its hillary said this, or obama said that, and now they are taking a lead, or exposing a weakness, or apologizing for something lame- I’m over it- let’s just get on with it! This leads me to number nine:

9. Nitpicking- I saw this story on the news that miley cyrus was in a movie, and for a brief moment, she was in a car without a seatbelt! People lost their minds over it- and she had to apologize for something that wasn’t her fault, and wasn’t a big deal. Then she takes a picture in a magazine with her back showing, and then people start flipping out, assuming that the picture means that she is a nasty 15-year-old- and once again, she’s apologizing over stupid stuff. Obama said that americans are bitter at politicians that lie- and then had to apologize for calling americans bitter. Whatever. I know how it goes- I apologize for little things that people flip out over all the time. Relax people!

10. Big kids- yeah- Janie and I often play in places made for little kids- and who comes muscling in stealing her toys/ playground/ fun? Big kids. I want to say, “hey! Aren’t you like 8 or something?! GO AWAY.”

11. Empty tanks- it seems like every time I look at my cell phone or iPod, its almost out of battery. And when I look at my gas gauge, its always running low. Sheesh!

12. Broken stuff- my kitchen light went out this week (but at least I got to go to home depot and fix it!) my tires needed to be replaced. And this morning, my laptop crashed. But at least I got to get a new one. And I think I fixed my old one, so I can study outside of my office. But hey! Come on stuff! Stop breaking! And stop costing so much money!

13. The phrase “thrown under the bus”- what does that mean? why is it popular to use? I cringe each time I hear it- maybe its because I actually drive a bus.

Stuff I enjoy right now:
The nba playoffs-
Especially the coverage on TNT- I love kenny and charles.
National treasure 2- was awesome. Just saw it on dvd.
Daddy-daughter-time- is always a blast- and I got some extra time this weekend.
Bbq-ing- delicious and fun.
My new kitchen light- is super-cool and dimmable! A big step up from the fluorescent one that came with the place.
My new computer- its pretty swank.

Ok- I’m done ranting- now I’m going to bed.

1 comments:

Jeff M. said...

I can't really relate to you on number 2, 10, or 13 but the rest of them I totally agree with! Especially the slow people one! I was stuck behind some lady at a drive thru today who had the largest order ever. It took like 25 minutes to get through. I hated it!