Wednesday, May 21, 2008

random-rob-thoughts: may 21

here is an update on my funny life-


:: I did my morning club in Princeton plaza this morning- its been kind of a downer lately. I had this vision of a room filled with students, eating, chatting, discussing spiritual issues, behaving; but instead, the students sort of come in, grab a handful of hashbrowns and then leave. so- next wednesday will be the last one for the year. one thing i'm pretty excited about is my newest volunteer, dale- who plays twister with the boys!


:: life is always fun with jane around; we went to the park recently; its got this “curvy-slide” that jane likes to slide down and pick up static electricity. she then touches my hand and gives us both a big shock. when we went last weekend, the static electricity gave her a new look:





:: speaking of new looks, I’m chopping off my hair. I wanted it to look cool like bono’s when he grows his hair out, but it just doesn’t- and it takes forever to dry it. I’ve been testing the waters, saying to people, “I think I’m going to cut my hair,” hoping that they would say, “no! it looks awesome!” but instead, they say, “yeah. you really should.”


:: its been 2 weeks since I’ve had a soda or energy drink. I can’t really say that I’m off of caffeine. I’ve been drinking this Propel invigorating Water. its got almost as much caffeine as pepsi. but its water- so I don’t feel so bad- and I only have one a day. I did try that new sweet tea that they have at mcdonald’s, and I needed to take a moment after I tasted it. it’s a lovely beverage.


:: here are a few jane quotes:
the other day I was pushing her on the swings and she was narrating what was happening, which is something she does a lot of. she was saying, “whoa! I’m swinging! whoa! the trees are swinging too!” this other dad was pushing his kid next to me and decided to start up a conversation. he and I got to talking and jane said, “no more talking dad! just pushing!”
she also walks around the house saying, “that sounds CRAZY!” which cracks me up.
right now, she has a passion for cheetos.


:: I just read a hilarious book called “Diary of a Wimpy Kid.” its supposed to be the daily journal of a middle school boy. it good for a laugh.

0 comments: