Saturday, June 6, 2009

lectio divina:: job 29

I was reading chapter 92 of guy kawasaki's awesome book, "Reality Check: the irreverent guide to outsmarting, outmanaging, and outmarketing your competition," and the chapter focuses on an interview with richard stearns, the president of world vision. this chapter, like many of the chapters in this book, was worth the price of purchasing the book all by itself. stearns end with a quote from the book of job- of how job was remembered and how he hoped that both he and world vision would be remembered. after reading it, I'd like to be remembered like this as well. I had better get to work- its going to take a lifetime. after reading it ask yourself, "wouldn't I like to be remembered like this too?

"Whoever heard me spoke well of me,
and those who saw me commended me,
because I rescued the poor who cried for help,
and the fatherless who had none to assist him.
The man who was dying blessed me;
I made the widow's heart sing.
I put on righteousness as my clothing;
justice was my robe and my turban.
I was eyes to the blind and feet to the lame.
I was a father to the needy; I took up the case of the stranger.
I broke the fangs of the wicked
and snatched the victims from their teeth."


God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: