Monday, November 23, 2009

chapel story

this morning, I spoke at our school's chapel, just like I do eavery monday. I spoke from the Christmas series that I did last yaer for the youth group- its a series calll AMONG US; where I start with the cross, and work backwards through jesus' life to His birth at Christmas. its an idea that I swiped from erwin mcmanus.



so today, I started with the Cross- its a Gospel message, and I made up my mind that I was going to swing for the fences and give it everything I had.
towards the end of my message I said something like, "check this verse out- my daughter quoted it for me a few weeks ago, and I almost burst into tears...actually, I might just burst into tears right now:
romans 5:8: "but God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
and right there in front of 200 middle schoolers, I did just that-
I burst into tears.
God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: