Wednesday, January 6, 2010

lectio divina:: 2 corinthians 6

I was reading this chapter this morning and it reminded me of my commitment this year to have a great attitude. paul write is verse 1:


"We live in such a way that no one will stumble because of us, and no one will find fault with our ministry. In everything we do, we show that we are true ministers of God. We patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind. We have been beaten, been put in prison, faced angry mobs, worked to exhaustion, endured sleepless nights, and gone without food. We prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love. "


even in the face of hardships, paul and his team have a great attitude. their focus is on god and on others, not on themselves. their great attitude is their identification; it is their credibility. its interesting to me the components of attitude for paul:
patience;
purity;
understanding;
kindness;
the indwelling of the Spirit;
and sincere love.


that's the kind of people that I want to be around, and those are the characteristics that I want to mark my life in this year.


God is love.
-rev-rob

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made site!
thought this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/baseball-party-supplies.html]baseball Party Supplies[/url].