Tuesday, March 11, 2014

jane and the seniors part 2

this morning jane and I went to breakfast at mcdonald's, and again, it was a mad dash to get out of the door on time. "we don't want to miss the seniors dad!"
we got there about 8:40, and we got to the window and looked in, and there they were! jane was so excited to see her friends. when she walked in, they all lit up.
"she's here! look who is here!" they said.
she made a bee-line to them and started checking in with each of them; and handing out hugs. I ordered the food and snapped a couple of candid photos of them.



I brought the food to our table and jane started filling me in on everyone- on patty's cat and how frank used "the old, shake-your-hand-and-leave-two-dollars trick."

they left promptly at 9, and another group of senior ladies quickly swooped in on their table. (there must be some sort of unofficial schedule out there of which groups of seniors use the big table at mcdonald's and when.) each one of our friends stopped by to say goodbye to us, and to our delight, each of them were wearing their red and yellow bracelets that jane had made for them. I think they must wear them everyday just in case jane shows up! patty said, "you know, I've been getting so many compliments on my bracelet- and I always say that my friend jane made it for me." we were tickled pink!

we made them happy, and they made us so happy! jane and I were chatting afterward that you can make someone happy just by saying kind words and being friendly to them. its amazing to me how inexpensive it is to be kind, but how the valuable the returns and effects can be.
so- be kind to someone today!
 make someone happy- and watch that happiness radiate back to you.

it reminds me of something jesus said a long time ago:
"give, and it will be given to you. a good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap."

God is love.
-rev-rob

1 comments:

Cassie Gant said...

These stories about the Seniors have made me happy! Thanks for sharing and for giving your daughter the freedom to be kind to others!