Monday, June 9, 2008

jane-quotes 06/09

last night I walked into jane’s room and saw her checking out the seat of her pants in the mirror. and I’ll admit, I used the word, “butt” when I should have used the word that we normally use in our house, “bottom.” here is what happened:


ME: “are you checking out your butt in the mirror?!”
JANE: “I’m checking out my BUTT!”
ME: “it’s a bottom!”
JANE: “IT’S A BUTT!”
ME: “it’s a bottom!”
JANE: “IT’S A BUTT!”
ME: “jane- it’s a bottom.”
JANE: “actually dad, it’s called a butt.”
great.


jane is really good at reading right now. its sort of freaking me out. she reads signs on the street as we’re driving down the road, and she’s pretty accurate. we just picked up “green eggs and ham” from the bookstore, and she is really enjoying that book right now. we were eating jane’s favorite meal, fries and chicken at KFC the other day and jane said, “SAY! I like fries and chicken! I do! i like them sam-i-am!”
what a nut.

0 comments: