Friday, July 4, 2008

dr. suess goes to camp

one kid,
two kid,
hyper-kid,
blue-kid.


sad kid,
flirty kid,
late kid,
dirty kid.


this one came in a pricey car
this one’s playing air-guitar
say!
what a lot of kids there are!


some are on monster. some are on dew.
some are old. and some are new.
some are sad.
and some are glad.
and some plan on being very bad.


what will i do when are they
very sad and very bad?
I have a plan:
i’ll call their dad.


some are small
and some are large
this one thinks he should be
in charge.


from here to there,
from there to here,
summer camp will be wild
this year.


Here is one
who has a tummy ache-
and we haven’t loaded
the bus for the lake.


oh my! oh me!
oh my! oh me!
what a crazy week
this’ll be.


Some have two friends
and some have four.
Some have six friends
and some have more.


how will they all fit in a cabin? i can't say.
but i know we have to drive
a long, long way.


We see parents come.
We see parents go.


we see kids ask for money.
we see parents say no.
some parents leave fast.
some can’t let go.


i tell them:
“be good- don’t harass each other
if you do, i’ll call your mother.”


bump!
bump!
bump!
i think the bus tire has a lump
now i think that i have a lump
right on my sore hump.


the driver’s name is mr. gump.
Mr. Gump’s bus goes bump
in my throat i feel a lump,
pretty soon i’m gonna jump!


in my cabin i see my bed
i’m sleeping in a small bunk bed
I do not like
my small bunk bed.


my bunk no good.
my bunk is not right.
my feet stick out
of my bunk all night.


and when i pull them in,
oh, dear!
my head sticks out of my bunk
up here!


at night i lay awake and think
that the boys in my cabin really stink!
hume sold them drinks!
energy drinks!
how can they sleep after those energy drinks?


from here to there,
from there to here,
summer camp will be wild
this year.

0 comments: