Thursday, July 10, 2008

jane quotes 07/10

jane has a couple of new phrases that make me smile:


the first one is simply a word: “delicious.”
whenever we’re eating, she often pauses and slowly says, “mmm…DEEE-licious!”
the other day it was quiet, and jane had a big gulp of water and then broke the silence saying, “ahhh! DEE-licious!”


another phrase is how she talks like a pirate.
she was watching backyardigans (my current favorite kids show) recently and the characters on the show were all pretending to be pirates. every other word was, “ARRR!” later in the day jane randomly came up to me saying,
“ARRR, captain dad!”
“ARRR, captain jane!” was my reply. we repeated that conversation about 10 times that day.


we got a black light to obsessively look for stains. jane got a hold of it and had a blast. she walked around the house “glowing-things.” (shining the black light on them to make them glow). now whenever she has the black light she says, “I want to GLOW YOU, dad!”
the same is with flashlights. she walks around with her flashlight saying, “I’m going to FLASH you!”
careful where you say that jane.


and then there are the golf conversations that make my wife giggle.
we’ll walk around the miniature golf course and jane will innocently say things like, “we need to grab our balls, dad!” and of course, I have the maturity to know that it’s not a dirty statement, she’s only 3, after all. but every time, i look over at my wife and she has her hand over her mouth cracking up.
“did you hear what she just said?!” she’ll say.
“she said that we need to grab our balls!”
I just roll my eyes- the same way i do when middle school boys do their dirty-laugh under their breath. maybe deanna should be working with middle schoolers instead of me!



and my favorite phrase is something that jane must have picked up from Deanna or i. sometimes she will randomly come up and give me a hug and then she says,
“you know what?
i love you.
and you know what?
i’m proud of you, dad.”
and then she usually congratulates herself by saying,
“that’s a very nice thing to say…”


cute kid.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny post Rob. I guess we should be working with Middle Schoolers too- the golf comments made Luke and I crack up... :) She is a very sweet child. I am sure you will be very missed by her and Deanna next week.