Sunday, March 29, 2009

church::gym entry 20

I’ve been going to the gym in the evenings a lot more lately (that’s because when I go at night, I can sleep in a little linger, and I get to “talk about things” with my big-kid jane when she wakes up in the morning.) there is a whole different crowd at night than in the morning. in the morning there is mostly older people and they are very perky and chatty. at night, there is a younger crowd, and they don’t have much to say.


there is a middle schooler that goes to the gym almost every night and sometimes I just keep an eye on him because everything he does cracks me up. I can tell that he is there with his mom. his mom walk on the treadmill, and he sort of goes from machine too machine doing a few reps at a time. his favorite seems to be this machine that can be set in a bunch o different ways to work different muscle groups. he likes to set it so that he can pull weight down-wards with one hand. he only puts like ten pounds of weight on it. he does like 3 or 4 reps and then he totally poses in the mirror and walks around like some sort of body builder. he makes this tough-guy face, and whenever he leaves with his mom he always seems excited about the good work out he had. he doesn’t notice, but every time I see him working out, I giggle a little at how funny he is.


so once again, the gym is like church- because there are some middle schoolers at the church who think they’re pretty cool and pretty tough; and they make me laugh too.


God is love.
-rev-rob

0 comments: