Monday, May 11, 2009

toy-dad and toy-jane

the other day, jane and I were walking through toys r us and I saw a toy that seemed to bear a striking resemblance to jane and her daddy. I think that i wanted her to have it more than she did! (this isn’t the first time I have found a dad and jane doll, whenever I find one, I snatch it up immediately). jane really wanted the van that the dad drove, but she couldn’t understand that dad doesn’t drive a mini-van! I drive a manly car! (a red vw beetle). I told her that she could get it if she could take her potty game to the next level; and she got to work on that right away.

that night I could hear her in her room playing with her dad and jane dolls. we were having some sort of adventure, I couldn’t exactly tell what was going on, but I heard things like, “DAD! oh no!” “JANIE! I’ll save you!” and “oh! my sweet little girl!” she added in a little cat-doll for our cat calvin. I guess toy-jane dislikes toy-calvin as much as the real jane does, because toy-jane seemed to yell at toy-calvin as much as the real jane yells at the real calvin.

well, tonight jane earned her minivan. she is a good gift-receiver (which is good for her, because I'm slightly addicted to giving her gifts). she walked around with her minivan saying, "this is AWESOME! this is the BEST-TOY-EVER!!!" doll-jane and doll-dad had more adventures driving around the house, going to the library, looking for parking spots and listening to music on their iPod.
cute kid.

0 comments: