Sunday, August 10, 2008

08/08/08

8/8/08 was a great day for me-

I started out taking jane to the jungle-



while she was there, she hit the jackpot on one of the games! 392 tickets from one token! I'm taking this kid to vegas!



after that, I headed to the triton museum in santa clara, where i officiated a wedding for a very cool and artsy couple. i got to use all kinds of artsy metaphors for their artist friends. i felt like rob bell or something. i got to work with my friend ruthanne from uni who played harp at the wedding. the wedding was held outdoors in front of this cool old house, that reminded me of my old house on college avenue in modesto.



i got home just in time to read stories to jane before she went to bed. she has been getting really hyper at night. lately she is really into the "10 little monkeys jumping on the bed" song. last night we heard her singing it in her sleep! (I got to hear about all 10 monkeys before i left for work this morning).

after stories, i picked up some take out from lee's kitchen (delish) and was blown away by the opening ceremony of the olympics. best opening ever.



saturday was pretty stellar too.
we went to vasona, rode the train, the carousel, and the airplane. i took a lovely nap, grilled some chicken that could easily take on bobby flay, and watched the giants beat the dodgers. what a weekend!

1 comments:

Heather Hammond said...

My parents said you did an amazing job at the wedding! Too bad I wasn't invited...haha