Thursday, August 7, 2008

conversational-quotes; 8/7

I had some funny conversations today- here are some of the excepts::


7:30am; jane’s room


DW: “calvin barfed all over the floor this morning!”
jane: “he BARFED?! calvin BARFED! he BARFED dad!”
me: “she has a new word.”
jane: “he BARFED! calvin BARFED! what did he do dad?”
me: “what did he do jane?”
jane: “he BARFED! calvin BARFED!”
me: “do you like that word, jane?”
jane: “I like that word! BARF! calvin BARFED! what did he do dad?”
me: “what did he do jane?”
jane: “he BARFED! calvin BARFED!”


10:15 am; at church,
(with a middle school boy who came to church to help me clean a storage bin)


middle school boy: “hey rob? when you were my age... were you into pirates?”
me: “oh yeah. totally!”
middle school boy: “because I’m going through a serious pirate phase right now.”
me: “that’s cool.”
middle school boy: “when did your pirate phase end, rob? like, how long it it last?”
me: “I don’t know- does it ever end?!”
middle school boy: “mine has been going on since my birthday! its all I think about! I even have a pirate costume!”
me: “did you hear about the time that we had a pirate-night at church?”
middle school boy: “really? that sounds awesome! could we do that again?”
me: “sure.”


12:15pm; in line at the food court at the mall


woman wearing a tupac shirt: “is that a bible you’re holding? isn’t that great that people are reading their bibles. we’re in the end times you know? I know it. good for you. rread that bible. God bless. could you pray for my friend here? he needs prayer.”
me: “what’s going on?”
friend: “oh you know- baby-mama-drama. just pray that the truth comes out. because there is a lot of deception going on right now. so I need prayer.
me: “sure. of course!”
me: “I’ll have orange chicken and fried rice…”


2:35pm; at the bus mechanic


bus mechanic one: “it looks like someone tried to siphon your gas by disconnecting the gas hose! we can put it right back on for you.”
bus mechanic two: “whoever did that is going straight to the underground facility. get it? the underground facility!”
me: “yeah.”


3:45pm; in the facility director’s office


me: “don, I had a question to ask you about the back lawn…”
don: “we just had it re-seeded, and had the turf replaced, its going to look beautiful. we really went all out to make it perfect. anyhow,, what’s your question?”
me: “would you be opposed to me dumping 80 gallons of jello on the lawn next month?”


(and one from tuesday night)
6:55pm; the church parking lot


mom: “rob, I just want to say that when you spoke at my friend’s funeral, that it was such a blessing…”
middle school boy: “rob…rob! rob I need to tell you something!”
me: “hold on bro…”
mom: “her kids are doing well, they’re still grieving of course, but I just wanted to thank you again…”
middle school boy: “rob! its really important! rob!”
me: “just a second buddy…”
mom: “I’ll tell the kids you said hi, thanks again.”
middle school boy: “rob! rob!”
me: “WHAT?!”
middle school boy: “the wii in the game room; it needs new batteries!”

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

shoranur license funsun geek voter oakland studios avison cardenas maitri unchanged
lolikneri havaqatsu