Saturday, August 30, 2008

rob's-vacation-recap

today is the last day of my vacation.
before I get started with my post-vacation blog, I’d like to say 2 things:

1: a big thank you to josh Tidwell, brooke commons and the entire middle school staff team at venture for letting me slip away for two weeks. they are total pros and i was able to take a break without worrying about the ministry because i knew it was in good hands. thank you!

2: I’m not all, “back to the daily grind! ugh! I don’t like work!” because i really enjoy my job. i enjoy the people i interact with and i feel like its time well spent. some people dream of being a pro athlete or a famous actor. when i was a teen, i dreamt of being a pastor, so i’m grateful everyday that i get to live out my dreams. so, I don’t mind going back to work- i think it will be fun.

ok-
we had a “stay-cation,” where you stay at home and have all the fun that you can in your local area. and my local area has all kinds of fun things to do. here are some of the fun things that we did as a family over the last two weeks::

:: i took jane to sky high sports twice! she loved it! and there were no injuries!



:: we went to great America! we met dora and rode a ton of rides!




:: we rented a boat at almaden lake and had a very long and relaxing snack time.




:: we went to oak meadow park and rode the carousel and the train (at nighttime!) as they closed out their summer season.




:: we visited jane’s grandparents in modesto-




:: we went to the discovery museum! and of course, we played with the bubbles and the water, and the painting-wall. jane likes this little room with all sorts of mirrors in it. she has nicknamed the room, “so-many-janes.”




:: we went to discovery kingdom, formerly known as marine world, and went to the very cool Thomas-town; we watched some dolphins and a killer whale do some tricks, rode a bunch of rides, and met a very flirty penguin.




:: we went to golfland and jane’s favorite store, D & J Hobby in Campbell, otherwise known as “the dollhouse store.”

:: we also went to the boardwalk, where jane rode a bunch of rides,



and i got the craziest sunburn of my life. I had a major farmer-tan and tried to fix it by wearing a tank top and no sunscreen. DER. i wanted to get some color, and i definitely did: RED.

what a blast! we had way too much fast food, way too much sweet tea, and was too much aloe lotion for a two week stretch, but other than that, a great time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So earlier this summer while I was at the lake, we saw a bunch of trashy guys with "wife-beater" tans - which led us to promptly coin the term "body-beaters." - Ross